✨ About TLB
Want to help supercharge legal teams through better processes, tech and operations? Have a passion for legal innovation, ops and tech? Are you a curious, creative problem-solver? TLB is a unique design-driven legal consultancy dedicated to helping in-house Legal teams optimise their legal function through a combination of legal design, operations and outsourced legal support.
Since our inception in 2017, we’ve worked with some of the most innovative companies in the world, including Remitly, Stripe and Toyota. We’ve also spearheaded game-changing industry-wide initiatives, such as oneNDA and oneDPA.
🙌 The opportunity
TLB is growing rapidly and we're looking for a talented Legal Engineer to join our Delivery team. Reporting to our Senior Legal Engineer, you will work within our Legal Ops team supporting a range of customers to optimise their legal processes, leverage their existing tech stack, select legal tech and implement it.
We work hard, but have lots of fun doing so. We’re after someone that’s bright, enthusiastic and comfortable working in a very fast paced environment. Not afraid to get stuck in and explore potential solutions when there isn’t an obvious answer. Not just here for the day job, someone that is keen to learn, develop and innovate.
This role offers a truly unique opportunity to gain exposure to an enviable customer list and develop your skills in a legal company that is doing law differently.
😊 About you
As a Legal Engineer at TLB, your role will encompass a range of responsibilities, including:
- Tech. Building and customising tools for Legal teams based on existing software (e.g. Jira, Confluence, Monday.com, Asana, SharePoint and PowerBI) and using integration tools (e.g. Zapier and Power Automate). Assisting with legal tech selection, implementation and configuration
- Project Management. End-to-end management of legal operations projects. Ensuring projects are delivered on time, within budget and in line with customer expectations
- Analysis. Gathering and analysing customer requirements using appropriate methodologies and sharing findings and recommendations in visual, consumable formats. Critically assessing options and articulating the best approaches for problem solving
- Process. Understanding, analysing and optimising legal/business processes using advanced process mapping skills
- Teamwork. Working as part of an agile multi-functional team to understand and articulate customer needs through a combination of disciplines including law, design and technology
- Research. Assisting with legal operations and legal tech research to ensure we stay at the forefront of industry trends and best practices
- Internal resources. Developing TLB's legal operations resources, processes, playbooks, and training programmes
- Other support. Support with any other responsibilities that may be required from time to time to support our team's success
We’re looking for a Legal Engineer who can display the below skills and experience throughout our interview process:
- A degree or equivalent qualification
- 2+ years of experience working in a software development, product owner, data, legal ops or legal tech role
- Very comfortable with learning new and complex systems and processes and exploring ways to use them to solve customer problems
- An analytical thinker with experience in applying their skills to solving complex, multifaceted problems
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and can communicate advanced concepts clearly to a diverse range of stakeholders
- A self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit, always looking for better ways of working and thinking outside the box
- Openness, enthusiasm, growth mindset, a strong team player with a can-do attitude, excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong commercial acumen and ability to take a pragmatic, customer-centric approach
- Right to work in the UK
- Fluent English language skills, both written and oral
It would also be great to see:
- External client-facing experience
- Experience of working in an agile team
- Experience of working with legal or other business professionals
- 🌴 25 days holiday + bank holidays + 1 wellbeing day + birthday off + days off between Christmas and New Year
- 🍕 Flexible working, only required to be in our Central London office every Wednesday
- 👵 Employee pension
- 🩺 Private health insurance
- 🎨 ‘Just for me’ annual allowance for non-work related training or skills building
- 🌎 ✈ Round the world trip + one month paid sabbatical for all TLB team members who stay with us for five years
👣 Next steps
If you think you fit the bill, we’d love to hear from you! Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a short paragraph on why you think you fit the bill and we'll be in touch.